Complete Guide On What To Buy On Black Friday
Holiday shopping on a budget can be tough -- but fortunately, the stiff competition between a number of storefront and online retailers on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and even Cyber Monday can often lead to mega deals and discounts for those who know where to look. On the other hand, becoming engrossed in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season can leave you without much time to scour ads for your own holiday shopping tips. Read on to learn more about some of the best sales available on Black Friday that can make both your recipients and your bank account happy this year.
Each year, electronics retailers compete with superstores and online fulfillment companies to bring the prices of the year's hottest electronics down. 2016 is no exception, and many stores have some great offerings in this year's Black Friday ads, like:
- A $250 gift card and waived activation fees for many iPhone and Samsung Galaxy phones purchased at Sam's Club;
- A Fitbit Charge 2 with heart rate monitor for $129.99 at Kohls (with an additional $30 in Kohl's Cash);
- An unlocked 64 gigabites Asus ZenFone Zoom for $249 (instead of the regular $399) at Amazon.com; and
- A Samsung Galazy S7 Edge for $669.99 at Best Buy.
Last year, Amazon offered $20 off the Kindle Paperwhite, while Best Buy charged only $149.99 for a 49-inch Toshiba HDTV, making it likely you'll be able to find repeats of these deals this November 25th.
Even if clothes aren't in your list of what to buy on Black Friday, this holiday weekend can be a great opportunity to stock up on winter essentials for the family or splurges for yourself, like:
- Jumping Beans tops and bottoms for newborns, toddlers, and children from $3.99 to $5.99 at Kohl's;
- A faux-fur puffer trim St. John's Bay coat for $29.99 (originally $150) at JC Penney; and
- Wrinkle-resistant easy care dress shirts for $9 (originally $36), also at JC Penney.
Home Improvement and Appliances
Purchasing new appliances at a steep Black Friday discount can show you know how to save money, especially if these appliances have their own built-in water and electricity cost-saving measures.
- Samsung's Addwash Front Load washers and dryers are available from JC Penney for $744 each (rather than $1,299 each); and
- A Werner 32-foot aluminum extension ladder can be purchased for $263 at Lowe's.
Lowe's is also offering major discounts on appliances from now through the beginning of December.
Black Friday is one of the best times of year to purchase jewelry, whether you have your eye set on the upcoming holiday season or are preparing in advance for Valentine's Day or your anniversary.
- This year Kohl's boasts up to 70% off many jewelry styles, from necklaces to rings to even men's jewelry; and
- Kohl's also has a 2 carat total weight diamond ring for sale for $999.99 (including an additional nearly $250 in Kohl's Cash), a steep discount from its original $5995 price tag.
Regardless of where you're doing your holiday spending this year, you'll want to use your St. Mary's credit card -- while it's always wise to avoid holiday overspending and stay within the budget you set, your St. Mary's credit card will offer the lowest interest rate if you do find yourself carrying a balance into January.